MDT Service Updates
Date and Time
All Transit riders please wear face coverings, as per Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20. Riders in violation of this order will be denied boarding or removed from our transit system.
EASY Card Service Adjustments
- The following EASY Card services offices are closed:
- EASY Card Financial Center
- Overtown Transit Village Pass Sales Office
- Golden Passport Office
- Transit Service Centers
- Transit EASY Card services are accessible online and customers can also call EASY Card Financial Services representatives at 786-469-5151, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following actions have been taken to ensure the safety of transit operators, employees, and riders:
- Suspended fares for all Miami-Dade Transit services, including parking fees
- Auto reloads for monthly pass customers are also suspended
- Metrobus customers are required to board through the vehicle's rear entrance. Accommodations for riders in need of the wheelchair accessible ramp, including the elderly, will continue to be made
- Blocked seats closer to operator's cabin to ensure social distancing
- Distributed masks to maintenance and construction employees
- Distributed surgical masks, KN95 masks, plastic face shields, hand sanitizer bottles, gloves and wipes to operators
- Increased cleaning schedules for all vehicles, which are also being disinfected several times a day
- Employees over 65 or with underlying medical conditions were offered to stay at home with pay or work from home
- Began temperature checks for all employees and visitors at all garages and facilities
- Purchased additional tables and rented tents for bus maintenance garages to enable social distancing between employees
- Service adjustments are not reflected on the schedule posted online. Please track your trip via the Go Miami-Dade Transit app via the map feature.
Metrobus Service Adjustments
- Various Metrobus routes have adjusted frequencies. Please visit the service updates website or find your route information via the Go Miami-Dade Transit app
- All Express Metrobus routes, listed below, have been suspended until further notice:
- 836 Express
- 175 Express
- 95 Express/Broward Blvd to Downtown
- 95 Express/Broward Blvd to Civic Center
- 95 Express/Sheridan to Downtown
- 95 Express/Sheridan to Civic Center
- Late night service for the following routes has been suspended:
- Route 3
- Route 11
- Route 27
- Route 38
- Route 77
- Route 112
- Route 119
- Route 246
- Route 500
- Late night riders using transit for essential trips between midnight and 5 a.m. can use the Go Nightly on-demand ride option
- Visit GoNightly.miamidade.gov for more information
- Or read the press release here
- On May 26, route 95 Express Golden Glades will be reinstated with an adjusted schedule and 30-minute frequencies morning and afternoon peak hours. Visit our service updates page for more details
- The following Metrobus routes, which have overlapping service, have been suspended until further notice due to low ridership. Riders can use alternative routes to get to their destination:
- Route 39 overlaps with route 31
- Route 79 riders can take route 112/L
- Route 204 users can take route 104
- Route 288 riders can use route 88
- Social distancing signs have been installed inside Metrobuses to remind passengers to keep a safe distance
- Operators have been instructed to limit capacity on buses to 16 passengers per regular 40-foot buses, and 36 passengers per larger 60-foot articulated buses
- Implemented standby buses to assist with overcrowding of routes. If a bus reaches capacity, operators will call a supervisor to dispatch another bus
- On May 18, select Metrobus routes will be restored to their regular schedules. Please visit the service updates page for additional details
- High-demand routes will have frequencies added to their pre-COVID-19 schedules throughout the day if needed
Metrorail Service Announcements
- Metrorail service hours are 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Passengers heading to the Miami International Airport station will need to transfer at Earlington Heights station to catch the Orange Line train
- Orange Line train available only from Earlington Heights. Frequency is every 15 minutes all day weekdays.
- During the morning peak hours on weekdays, Metrorail Green Line trains on the mainline traveling between Dadeland South and Palmetto stations will run every 10 minutes. Off peak frequency will be every 15 minutes weekdays.
Metromover Service Adjustments
- Metromover service hours are 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Average frequency will be approximately five minutes all day weekdays
STS (Special Transportation Services) Service Adjustements
- STS trips have been modified to provide for single rider trips only.
- Protective shields have been installed in vehicles between drivers and clients, and between rows in passenger vans.
- High-contact areas and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected after each drop off.
- Drivers are required to wear face coverings, as well as all STS passengers and Personal Care Attendants (PCA) while inside vehicle.
- STS customers should limit use to only necessary and essential trips, such as to seek medical care or consult with a medical provider.
- ADA and STS offices remain closed for face to face contact.
- Customers who need assistance can call the Paratransit Call Center at 786-469-5000, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or via email at email@example.com.