The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is scheduled to begin a safety improvement project the week of February 3, 2020 along State Road (SR) 5/US 1/Biscayne Boulevard from SE 2 Street to NE 21 Street in the City of Miami.
These improvements will include:
- Replacing overhead sign structures along Port Boulevard and NE 5 Street
- Modifying the northwest corner of northbound Biscayne Boulevard and SE 1 Street
- Installing high-emphasis crosswalks
- Upgrading pedestrian curb ramps and roadway signage
- Installing countdown pedestrian signals
- Repaving and restriping the roadway at various locations
- Updating existing light poles with new Light Emitting Diode (LED) fixtures at select intersections
- Adding new light poles with LED fixtures at select intersections
Pedestrian safety and infrastructure is an important part of transit overall. Make your voice heard and learn more about these changes that will no doubt impact our community.
Please click here to download the project fact sheet. Please click here for the project webpage. For information regarding the meeting or project, please contact Community Outreach Specialist Sergies Duarte at 305-216-3617 or [email protected]. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Irene I. Varela-Riaz , FDOT District Six Title VI Coordinator, at 305-470-5342 or by email at [email protected] at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting.